How to Choose a Physical Therapist
- Know your rights! If your physician refers you to a certain facility or clinic you ARE NOT OBLIGATED to schedule/attend PT at that facility. By law, you have the right to choose where you receive physical therapy treatment.
- Choose a physical therapist and a physical therapy location/company who have a great deal of experience.
- Choose a PT who is a Board-Certified Specialist through the American Physical Therapy Association. These physical therapists have been recognized as having advanced clinical knowledge, experience, and advanced skills in their specialty area of practice. Most common in outpatient physical therapy are specialists in Orthopedics(OCS) and Sports(SCS). You can find specialists in your area at abpts.org or at choosept.com.
- Choose a location that is convenient for you and have appointments that fit your schedule. This will increase your chances of attending your appointments and thus increase your chances for a positive outcome.
- Ask if the physical therapy clinic accepts your insurance company. Receiving treatment from a participating physical therapist/clinic will minimize your financial burden.
*At Mountain State Physical Therapy we offer 6 convenient locations in North Central West Virginia: Fairmont, Mannington, Shinnston, Clarksburg, Weston, and Harrisville.
*We also proudly offer SEVEN Board-Certified Clinical Specialists, which is unmatched by any physical therapy facility in the area.
*We also offer Dry Needling at 4 locations including Kristen Maraney who is a Certified Myofascial Trigger Point Specialist (CMTPT) and Chris Moore is the only PT in the area certified in Post-Concussion Management(AIB-CON)
*We offer appointments as late as 6 pm and as early as 7:30 and we accept ALL insurance plans including workers compensation.
Remember, choosing a PT is your choice! Choose the Board-Certified Specialists at Mountain State PT!